Do you have photos from the year that you would like to submit for future awards/banquet evenings? We now have a new feature on this website where you can upload photos. Please visit the Resources area on the top navigation, and scroll down to Photo Uploads. You may only upload six photos per submission. By uploading photos now, will ensure we have a lot to work with when we begin creating slide shows, yearbooks, and DVDs. Feel free to submit as often as you need.
1) Students will need to take their instruments HOME after the football game on Friday next week. Since I am out, there is no guarantee anyone will be around on campus to allow entry into the music room. I will not leave my keys with anyone.
2) Parents are responsible for getting their student to the parade staging area the morning of the parade. Please coordinate with each other on how you will get your students to the event.
3) Arrival Time: All participants need to arrive no later than 7:15am on Saturday, September 15, 2018. Even though the band is toward the end of the parade, they still need to arrive earlier. The arrival times are important for staging/judging. The staging area is on 1st Street, north of Town Center Way, and behind Lowe's, Best Buy, Babies R Us stores. Please keep in mind that all lanes of Town Center Way will be closed to traffic from 1st street to East Jefferson Way at the east and throughout the staging process and while the parade is ongoing. You can access the staging area via East Jefferson Way, from Erringer Road.
4) All parade participants can park in the dirt lot behind Best Buy. DO NOT park on the streets in any of the apartment complex parking lots and in any of the adjacent shopping centers. There is limited parking in the Town Center parking lot while the parade is in the preparation stages and while it is ongoing. Please note there is NO shuttle service.
5) Attire for this event is the Instrumental Music Program T-Shirt, shorts (in dress code), socks, and tennis shoes.
6) At the conclusion of the event, take your equipment home, and return it on Monday.
7) I will be taking attendance remotely, and the drum major(s) will be providing me with who is there and who is not.
8) Best of luck!
Blue Devils Drum and Bugle Corps
California Music Educators Association
California State Marching Band Championships
Drum Corps International
Gold Drum and Bugle Corps
Golden Empire Drum and Bugle Corps
Impulse Drum and Bugle Corps
Incognito Drum and Bugle Corps
International Clarinet Association
International Double Reed Society
International Horn Society
International Society of Bassists
International Trombone Association
International Trumpet Guild
International Tuba Euphonium Association
International Viola Society
Mandarins Drum and Bugle Corps
Marching Band Open Series
Music for All
The National Flute Association
North American Saxophone Alliance
Pacific Crest Drum and Bugle Corps
Percussive Arts Society
Santa Clara Vanguard Drum and Bugle Corps
Simi Valley High School
Simi Valley Unified School District
Southern California Band & Orchestra Association
Southern California Percussion Alliance
United States Marine Band
Violincello Society, Inc.
Violin Society of America
Watchmen Drum and Bugle Corps
Western Band Association
Winter Guard Association of Southern California
Winter Guard International